Hi, I’m Kristie Burch, and this blog is the story of my journey to wellness. As a recovering food addict and binge eater, I’ve tried all kinds of diets: grapefruit juice and cabbage soup, meal replacements, Sugar Busters, Weight Watchers, you name it. I’ve lost weight every time.
I’ve also gained it back. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
There’s got to be more to it than just food and exercise. So I decided to give up “dieting” in the traditional sense and start digging deep for the “Why?” behind the weight.
For years, I thought that being healthy was all about reaching a certain weight or eating the right things, and although those things DO matter, the big picture of health encompasses so much more. Do I want to fit in those skinny jeans? Heck yes, I do. But more importantly, I want a joyful and contented heart, a sharp and confident mind, and a strong, able body.
I’m working with an amazing counselor and participating in a recovery program for people with food addiction, Binge Eating Disorder and compulsive or emotional eating issues. (Click here to read more about the moment I knew I had a problem that diets couldn’t fix.)
I’m tackling the issues that crippled my confidence for years, and with God’s grace, I’m walking this thing out one step at a time.
Here on the blog, you’ll find real talk about weight loss, food addiction and emotional eating, plus practical tips, tasty recipes and resources to help make healthy living a little bit easier for smart, busy women like you and me!
She Chose Health is more than just a diary of my own experience. It’s an invitation to every woman who’s ever struggled with the agony of gaining and losing weight over and over again. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. There are so many of us walking this road to wellness one step at a time, and we’d love for you to join us on the journey!
A Few Fun Facts About Me:
- I’m married to the kindest man on planet earth. Seriously. When they add that category to the Guinness Book of World Records, he’s a shoo-in. He’s my champion and best friend.
- I’m currently cooking my way through an entire cookbook on Instagram! (Click here to follow me.)
- Aside from writing for this site, I also work in sales for the best promotional products company in the world! (Which, incidentally, is owned and operated by women.)
- I also blog about creative marketing strategies for businesses & non-profits.
- When I’m not working (and sometimes even when I am), I’m chasing an adorable toddler with the energy of a dozen Minions geeked up on Red Bull. Add to the mix a tiny little dog with a diva complex and a cat who thinks he’s a dog. Every day at our house is an adventure.
- I live to create. Whether it’s a yummy meal, a beautiful table setting, or simply a pretty play on words, I come alive when I’m creating something that adds beauty, value or purpose to others.
- I’m an avid reader (fiction is my fave) and lover of cold-brew coffee, British television, and anything that stirs my hopelessly romantic soul.
- I don’t have it all together. Not by a long shot. I’m willing to bet that you haven’t made your way to perfection yet either! That’s why you’re here. So let’s find our way together, shall we?